Get Ready for the Arkansas River Corridor BioBlitz on May 14th and 15th
Thank you for participating in the Arkansas River Corridor BioBlitz! Below you will find information on everything you need to know to get ready for the event.
- Sign up for iNaturalist. We will be using iNaturalist to record all of our observations during the BioBlitz. We need everyone to sign up for iNaturalist in advance.
- Join the Arkansas River Corridor Project on iNaturalist (How to join the project on iNaturalist)
- Bring a smartphone OR a camera and GPS unit (we will have tablets equipped with iNaturalist that you can borrow for the day if needed)
- Download the iNaturalist app using your phone’s app store: iPhone, Android (If you plan to use a camera and GPS unit or borrow a tablet – skip this step)
- On Saturday, meet at 10:00 a.m. at the Cotopaxi Consolidated Schools. On Sunday, meet at 6:30 a.m. at the Cotopaxi Consolidated Schools. Click here for directions. Please be on time as we will leave immediately after everyone has arrived and carpool to the area where we will be doing orientation. On Saturday, we will wrap up and head back to the Cotopaxi School parking lot around 4:00 p.m. On Sunday, we will wrap up and head back to the Cotopaxi School parking lot around 12:30 p.m. If you indicated you would like to camp on Saturday night, you will receive more information on camping soon.
- Bring a sack lunch, snacks, water and everything else you need to be comfortable outside for six hours. Click here for a list of what to bring. We will provide light snacks on Saturday and a light breakfast on Sunday morning. We will try to provide a variety of foods so there are some options for those with dietary restrictions. We suggest bringing food if you are concerned about what will be available to meet your needs.
- Let us know if you don’t plan to attend so we can open spaces for people on the wait list.
- If inclement weather is forecast for Saturday, we will call you to cancel around noon on Friday. If inclement weather is forecast for Sunday, we will call you to cancel around 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. If you want to be notified if the event is canceled due to weather, but did not provide your phone number when you registered, or would like to provide a different phone number, please e-mail email@example.com
Note: You will need to fill out a standard liability waiver at the orientation before participating.
See you at the Arkansas River Corridor BioBlitz!
Rocky Mountain Wild
The Wilderness Society
More information on iNaturalist: