Join us at the Charity Pot Awareness Event at LUSH Cosmetics – Cherry Creek on August 19 for our Gunny Sage-grouse Roadshow!
Currently, we have an ongoing campaign to ask the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to designate two critical habitats for the threatened Gunnison sage-grouse as Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACECs). This action will protect 37,000 acres of the most important habitat for two small and incredibly vulnerable populations of this unique bird in Southwest Colorado. By attending the event and taking action, you will help to ensure that future generations have the opportunity to enjoy watching the Gunnison sage-grouse dance at sunrise, and benefit all of the other species that call this area home!
LUSH Cosmetics – Cherry Creek
3000 E 1st Ave, Denver, CO 80206
August 19, 11 am – 3 pm
What’s happening at the Roadshow?
LUSH Cosmetics has picked us as their Charity Pot Partner! 100% of the purchase price from the sales of the charity pot of beautiful hand and body lotion goes towards supporting our cause. One August 19th, LUSH is launching our Charity Pot and has graciously agreed to let us bring our Gunnison Sage-grouse campaign to it! Here’s what you can expect:
- We’ll have pre-addressed postcards to mail to the decision-makers at the BLM Tres Rios Field Office. You can use them to fill out your specific message, and we’ll send them for you!
- Take your picture with a larger-than-life Gunnison sage-grouse and send it to the BLM Tres Rios Field Office with a message about why you #StandWithGunny.
- For the kids, we’ll have Gunnison sage-grouse coloring pages – they can color their Gunny, sign their name, and send it to the BLM Tres Rios Field Office. We’ll also post their artwork on our Rocky Mountain Wild Instagram and Pinterest pages!
- We’ll also have some information about the importance of all these actions, including: video of their famous mating dances and fact sheets about the species, habitat, and campaign.
How else can I help?
- We’re always looking for volunteers to be online ambassadors, spreading the word about this campaign. If you would like to become an online ambassador, email Chris.
- We are also looking for other locations for the Roadshow. If you know of a business or unoccupied space we could rent for a night, email Chris.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help staff Roadshows. If you would like to volunteer for a night to help explain actions or direct people to participate, email Chris.
- We have our #StandWithGunny page with other actions you could take on your own to help influence the BLM in this important decision. Visit our page for all the actions.