Join us at the Wildlife Conservation Film Festival for the Gunny Sage-grouse Roadshow!
Currently, we have an ongoing campaign to ask the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to protect critical habitat for Gunnison sage-grouse in their Resource Management Planning Process. These actions will protect more than 93,834 acres of the most important habitat for six small and incredibly vulnerable populations of Gunnison sage-grouse in Southwest Colorado. Protecting these sub-populations will help preserve the genetic diversity of the species, and safeguard against catastrophic events that could wipe out the whole species.
By taking action, you will help to ensure that future generations have the opportunity to enjoy watching the Gunnison sage-grouse dance at sunrise, and benefit all of the other species including antelope, songbirds, owls, and coyotes, that call this area home. Go ahead – give Gunny something to dance about!
Wildlife Conservation Film Festival
Katie Murphy Theater at the Fashion Institute of Technology
227 W 27th St, New York, NY
October 23-29, 2017
This stop for the Gunny Sage-grouse Roadshow is during the Wildlife Conservation Film Festival.
The Wildlife Conservation Film Festival (WCFF) is the first and only film festival dedicated to Inform, Engage and Inspire the protection of wildlife and global biodiversity.
What’s happening at the Roadshow?
- The Film Festival will be showing a screening of “Last Chance to Dance,” a short, quirky film about Gunnison sage-grouse.
- After watching the film, be sure to sign the online petition to protect Gunny.
How else can I help?
- We’re always looking for volunteers to be online ambassadors, spreading the word about this campaign. If you would like to become an online ambassador, email Chris.
- We are also looking for other locations for the Roadshow. If you know of a business or unoccupied space we could rent for a night, email Chris.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help staff Roadshows. If you would like to volunteer for a night to help explain actions or direct people to participate, email Chris.
- We have our #StandWithGunny page with other actions you could take on your own to help influence the BLM in this important decision. Visit our page for all the actions.