The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in to see conservation conflicts. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
Week of 9/3/2018 Lease Sale
- Parcels are proposed in the Carlsbad and Roswell Field Offices.
- More information and maps of nominated parcels are available here.
- Lease Sale Parcels Scoping: Google Earth kmz | zipped shapefile
- Lease Sale Scoping ABI Screen, a spreadsheet showing conflicts between the proposed parcels and important wildlife, wilderness and other resource values.
6/7/2018 Lease Sale
The 6/7/2018 lease sale managed by the New Mexico BLM State Office includes parcels in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. No parcels are being offered in New Mexico. More information and maps of nominated parcels are available on the ePlanning New Mexico District June Lease Sale web page.
- New Mexico Existing Oil and Gas Leases updated 12/1/2017: Google Earth kmz | zipped shapefile (red=Held by Production; purple=Not Held by Production)
- BLM New Mexico Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Archive of New Mexico Oil & Gas Lease Information
- Information on how to engage in Oil & Gas Leasing
- Information on the Assessment of Biological Impact (ABI) Screen