By: Chris Talbot-Heindl, Communications & Membership Manager
Colorado Gives Day (December 8 this year) is an annual statewide movement to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. This day of giving is critical to continuing Rocky Mountain Wild’s mission to protect, connect, and restore wildlife and wild lands in the Southern Rocky Mountain region. And you can schedule your Colorado Gives Day donation today so you don’t miss it!
For the last 20 years, Rocky Mountain Wild has protected the rich biodiversity of the Southern Rockies through the support of our donors and partners. We hope to continue that protection for another 20 years. Specifically, we hope to:
- Identify and map the climate refugia of the region, so we can protect the areas that will sustain biodiversity as our climate changes and population continues to grow;
- Work with the conservation community to develop a shared vision and goals for protecting these areas;
- Develop a legion of community scientists to assist with our work. These individuals will help us to better understand the biodiversity of our region and will become passionate advocates for our wildlife and wild lands;
- Maintain and restore wildlife corridors so that species can move through the landscape to adjust for climate changes. Our two immediate priorities are protecting Wolf Creek Pass and reconnecting the habitat across I-70 on east Vail Pass;
- Support the larger conservation community and individual activists with science-based tools for effective advocacy. Our tools include mapping and GIS analysis, oil and gas lease sale monitoring, fact sheets, and training.
Your support will enable us to achieve these goals and more. Any amount you can donate will make a large difference to us, the species, and the places we all care about here in Colorado.
And, thanks to a generous donor, any increased or new donations will be matched up to $10,000!
If you schedule your end of the year donation for Colorado Gives Day, your donation will go even further thanks to the $1 Million Incentive Fund from Community First Foundation, FirstBank, and other community members!
For the Wild!
P.S. COVID-19 has impacted all of us, but it has impacted some communities more. We know that for a lot of people money is tight and the causes we care about are vast, so we understand that we may not be your priority right now. If that’s the case, please visit the Colorado Gives Day page and search for your Colorado-based nonprofit of choice. You can search by keyword, location, or cause. We’re all in this together.