Join us at the Bites & Brews for Biodiversity event at Silver Vines Winery for the Gunny Sage-grouse Roadshow!
Currently, we have an ongoing campaign to ask the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to designate two critical habitats for the threatened Gunnison sage-grouse as Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACECs). This action will protect 37,000 acres of the most important habitat for two small and incredibly vulnerable populations of this unique bird in Southwest Colorado. By attending the event and taking action, you will help to ensure that future generations have the opportunity to enjoy watching the Gunnison sage-grouse dance at sunrise, and benefit all of the other species that call this area home!
Silver Vines Winery
7509 Grandview Ave, Arvada, CO 80002
Thursday, October 20, 5:30-9:00 pm
This stop for the Gunny Sage-grouse Roadshow is during the Rocky Mountain Wild event Bites & Brews for Biodiversity!’
#BBB16 is a celebration of biodiversity and the RMW’s largest fundraising event of the year. Admission tickets are $50 in advance, $60 at the door and includes two complimentary glasses of Silver Vines award-winning, locally-produced wines, a full spread of vegan and vegetarian tapas, entrance to our wild trivia contest, a silent auction, and a “do good” bag filled with items to help you live a more sustainable life.
What’s happening at the Roadshow?
- We’ll have pre-addressed postcards to mail to the decision-makers at the BLM Tres Rios Field Office. You can use them to fill out your specific message, and we’ll send them for you!
- Take your picture with a larger-than-life Gunnison sage-grouse and send it to the BLM Tres Rios Field Office with a message about why you #StandWithGunny.
- For the kids, we’ll have Gunnison sage-grouse coloring page – they can color their Gunny, sign their name, and send it to the BLM Tres Rios Field Office. We’ll also post their artwork on our Rocky Mountain Wild Pinterest page!
- We’ll also have some information about the importance of all these actions, including: video of their famous mating dances and fact sheets about the species, habitat, and campaign.
How else can I help?
- We’re always looking for volunteers to be online ambassadors, spreading the word about this campaign. If you would like to become an online ambassador, email Chris.
- We are also looking for other locations for the Roadshow. If you know of a business or unoccupied space we could rent for a night, email Chris.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help staff Roadshows. If you would like to volunteer for a night to help explain actions or direct people to participate, email Chris.
- We have our #StandWithGunny page with other actions you could take on your own to help influence the BLM in this important decision. Visit our page for all the actions.