The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in to see conservation conflicts. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
June 11, 2019 Lease Sale
Sale Notice (posted 4/25/2019)
- Protests must be received by 4:30 p.m. MT on Monday, May 6, 2019. Important information on how to protest is available on the BLM ePlanning web page for the June 2019 Oil and Gas Lease Sale. Click on the Home tab (on the left of the page) for this information and on the Document tab to find the Sale Notice and supporting documents. The Sale Notice also includes information on how to protest starting on page 9.
- According to the webpage and documents, BLM Utah is proposing to offer 8 parcels/11,588 acres in lands managed by the Canyon Country and West Desert Districts. Parcels are proposed to be offered in Sevier County in the Richfield Field Office and in Box Elder County in the Salt Lake Field Office.
- Conflicts identified included a parcel within 1/4 mile of the human-powered recreation footprint identified by the Outdoor Alliance. That parcel overlays sandstone hills with attractive rock outcrops near Richfield Utah. Also, the parcels in the Hogup Foothills in the Salt Lake Field Office may impact historic resources associated with Golden Spike.
- Lease Sale Notice parcels: Google Earth (kmz) | Zipped shapefile
- Lease Sale Notice parcels ABI Screen, a spreadsheet showing conflicts between the proposed parcels and important wildlife, wilderness and other resource values.
- Utah Existing Oil and Gas Leases updated 4/11/2019: Google Earth kmz | zipped shapefile (red=Held by Production; purple=Not Held by Production)
- BLM Utah Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Poster Map of Oil & Gas Development in Utah
- Archive of Utah Oil & Gas Lease Sale Screens
- Rocky Mountain Wild Oil and Gas Toolbox for Activists
- Rocky Mountain Wild Lease Sale Calendar
- Information on the Assessment of Biological Impact (ABI) Screen