The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in to see conservation conflicts. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
December 8, 2020 Lease Sale
Sale Notice (posted 10/22/2020)
- Protests on the parcels proposed for the December 8, 2020 lease sale are due by 4:00 pm Monday, November 2, 2020. There is important information about how to protest in the Sale Notice (pdf document) on page 10. There is more information about the sale in the Press Release, on the 2020 Utah December Lease Sale ePlanning website, and on the BLM Utah Oil and Gas Lease Sale web page.
- According to the press release and documents, BLM BLM Utah is proposing to offer 21 parcels / 23,649 acres in the December Sale. 18 parcels/23,530 acres are in Iron County in the Cedar City field office; 1 parcel/40 acres is in Grand County in the Moab field office; 1 parcel/79 acres is in Uintah County in the Vernal Field Office.
- Rocky Mountain Wild has prepared a screen showing conflicts between the proposed parcels and important wildlife, wilderness and other resource values. Conflicts identified include:
- Lower Green River Corridor and Pariette Wetlands Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACECs).
- Crucial habitat for mule deer and pronghorn including fawning habitat.
- Human-powered Recreation Footprint 1/4-mile buffer identified by Outdoor Alliance
- Sale Notice parcels Google Earth (kmz) | GIS Data (zipped shapefile)
- Sale Notice ABI Screen, a spreadsheet showing conflicts between the proposed parcels and important wildlife, wilderness and other resource values.
- Utah Existing Oil and Gas Leases updated 10/1/2020: Google Earth kmz | zipped shapefile (red=Held by Production; purple=Not Held by Production)
- BLM Utah Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Poster Map of Oil & Gas Development in Utah
- Archive of Utah Oil & Gas Lease Sale Screens
- Rocky Mountain Wild Oil and Gas Toolbox for Activists
- Rocky Mountain Wild Lease Sale Calendar
- Information on the Assessment of Biological Impact (ABI) Screen