The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in to see conservation conflicts. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
February 2022 Lease Sale
Scoping (posted 8/31/2021)
- Comments are due Friday, October 1, 2021. Comments must be submitted through the links provided to the electronic comment forms for each field office under the Documents section (if necessary, first click on each field office, then click ‘Participate Now’ to comment). Additional information about the sale is available under the Home section and on the BLM New Mexico Oil and Gas Lease Sales web site.
- According to the website and documents, BLM is analyzing 5 parcels/520.8 acres in the Carlsbad and Roswell Field Offices of New Mexico. The parcels are in Lea and Chaves counties. An additional parcel is being analyzed in Oklahoma.
- Conflicts identified include parcels in other important habitat for terrestrial species of economic and recreational importance and parcels within an area identified as a priority corridor region for pronghorn.
- Lease Sale Parcels Scoping: Google Earth kmz | Zipped shapefile
- Lease Sale Scoping ABI Screen, a spreadsheet showing conflicts between the proposed parcels and important wildlife, wilderness and other resource values.
- Active Oil and Gas Leases geospatial data is available on BLM Navigator as a map service and as a zipped shapefile. Email Alison if you need this data in Google Earth format or if you need additional data (such as expiration date) for individual leases.
- Upcoming Lease Sale Tracker (summary of lease sales and resource conflicts)
- BLM New Mexico Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Poster Map of Oil & Gas Development in New Mexico
- Archive of New Mexico Oil & Gas Lease Information
- Rocky Mountain Wild Oil and Gas Toolbox for Activists
- Rocky Mountain Wild Lease Sale Calendar
- Information on the Assessment of Biological Impact (ABI) Screen