The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in for more detail. Select the layer list icon in the upper left, expand and turn on conservation_conflicts and other layers and sublayers. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
- Geospatial Data for currently authorized Federal Oil and Gas Lease Parcels
- Federal Oil and Gas Leasing geospatial data is viewable on the Bureau of Land Management’s Mineral & Land Records System (MLRS) Research Map. Rocky Mountain Wild created a GIS snapshot of this data on 6/15/2023 and it is available as a zipped shapefile. Extracts for states in the Rocky Mountain Region are available in this Google Drive Folder.
- Currently authorized leases spatial data was provided by Bureau of Land Management as of 5/10/2023. Data was modified by Rocky Mountain Wild by removing data with the poorest quality (including all parcels in Texas), extracting parcels for specific states, changing the projection, adding data from the BLM Land & Mineral System Reports as of 6/14/2023, and removing leases no longer authorized as of 6/14/2023.
- In Google Earth kmz data in the Google Drive Folder, Red = held by production. Purple = not held by production.
- Email Alison if you have any questions.
- Upcoming Lease Sale Tracker (summary of lease sales and resource conflicts)
- BLM Nevada Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Archive of Nevada Oil & Gas Lease Information
- Rocky Mountain Wild Oil and Gas Toolbox for Activists
- Rocky Mountain Wild Lease Sale Calendar