Lease sales scheduled for the first quarter of 2022 have been delayed
The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in for more detail. Select the layer list icon in the upper left, expand and turn on conservation_conflicts and other layers and sublayers. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
First Quarter 2022 Lease Sale
The Environmental Assessment Comment Period has been extended. Comments will continue to be accepted until Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 4:30 p.m. PT. Submit comments through the 2022 First Quarter Competitive Oil and Gas Lease Sale ePlanning website.
- Geospatial Data for Active Federal Oil and Gas Lease Parcels
- Nevada: Google Earth (kmz) | GIS Data (zipped shapefile)
- Continental United States: Google Earth (kmz) | GIS Data (zipped shapefile)
- Red = held by production. Purple = not held by production.
- This geospatial data is from on BLM Navigator as of 2/14/2022 with additional attributes from BLM’s Land and Mineral Records system (LR2000). The most current data from BLM is available as a map service.
- Email Alison if you have any questions.
- Upcoming Lease Sale Tracker (summary of lease sales and resource conflicts)
- BLM Nevada Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Archive of Nevada Oil & Gas Lease Information
- Rocky Mountain Wild Oil and Gas Toolbox for Activists
- Rocky Mountain Wild Lease Sale Calendar