The Oil & Gas Lease Sales map below shows parcels proposed to be offered for lease by the Bureau of Land Management. This interactive map shows current and upcoming lease sales and their conflicts with wildlife and natural areas. More information on upcoming leases is shown below the map.
Advice on how to use the map: Zoom in to see conservation conflicts. Click on parcels or conservation conflict areas for more information. Scroll through pop-ups for multiple overlapping areas by clicking on the right triangle/arrow.
- Existing Oil and Gas Leases* updated 12/9/2020: Google Earth kmz | zipped shapefile (red=Held by Production; purple=Not Held by Production)
- BLM Nevada Oil & Gas Leasing Webpage
- Archive of Nevada Oil & Gas Lease Information
- Rocky Mountain Wild Oil and Gas Toolbox for Activists
- Rocky Mountain Wild Lease Sale Calendar
- Information on the Assessment of Biological Impact (ABI) Screen
*Existing leases data from BLM National Oil and Gas Leases Polygons updated 12/9/2020 and acquired from BLM Navigator on 12/21/2020. Data was modified by Rocky Mountain Wild by extracting one state, changing the projection, adding expiration date data from the BLM Land & Mineral System Reports (LR2000), and removing leases no longer authorized as of 12/21/2020. Additional disclaimers are in the metadata associated with BLM’s data.